In an excerpt from EWTN on silence in and around the Holy Mass. You may read the entire article on the ETWN website but please take special note of the following:
“…Silence should also be observed after Mass until one is outside the Church building, both for respect toward the Blessed Sacrament, and toward those members of the faithful who wish to prolong their thanksgiving after Mass.”
“After Mass, the most charitable approach is to quietly leave the main body of the Church so as to facilitate the recollection of those who wish to extend their personal thanksgiving for Communion. This quiet is similar to the situation before Mass as it does not exclude a friendly greeting. But actual conversation should not begin until outside. “
The SKT-LMC asks that you please be respectful of those still wishing to “prolong their thanksgiving after Mass” and to please continue your conversations outside of the main body of the church.
Curated from Msgr Charles Pope’s article found here:
These guidelines are in line with the current guidelines found in the notices at each Mass.
When in church, please turn OFF all cell phones, hand-held electronic devices, pagers, watch alarms or any other gadget that makes a wrong-ful (not-joyful) noise in the House of God.
- Men should wear formal shoes to Church. We used to call these hard shoes (because they were) but today many formal shoes are actually quite comfortable.
- Men should wear trousers (not jeans).
- Men should never wear shorts to Church.
- Men should wear a decent shirt, preferably a button down shirt. If it is a pullover shirt it should include a collar. Wearing a plain t-shirt without a collar is too informal.
- Men should consider wearing a tie to Church and in cooler weather, a suit coat. Some may consider this a bit too stuffy and formal but who knows, you might be a trend setter!
- Women should wear decent shoes to Church. Flip flops, beach sandals etc. seem inappropriate.
- Women, if they wear pants, should never wear jeans to Church. Some nice slacks that are not too tight can be fine.
- Women should consider wearing a dress or at least a skirt in preference to pants. It just looks a bit more formal than pants. Shorts should never be worn.
- Women should wear a nice blouse (if they are not wearing a full dress). The blouse or shirt they wear should not be too tight.
- Sleeveless garments are pushing it a bit but can be acceptable. Women should never wear tank tops, tube tops, spaghetti straps, or bare midriffs to Church.
Chaplain – Fr Bonsignore (585) 244-8692
Director of Music – John Morabito
Faith Formation –Andrew Follaco (585)750-1553
Finance – Ken Roush (585) 727-3430
Facilities – Christian Goetting (585) 880-0521
Facilities Access –Lou Gabello 585-756-6375 or 585-739-3832 (cell)
Mass Intentions – Lou and Marcy Gabello 585-756-6375 or 585-739-3832 (cell)
Ushers – David Armitage (585) 797-4889
Volunteer/Lector – Denise Flanigen (585) 467-8747
Votive Candles -Mary Ellen Gilkinson 585-388-7734
Church Flowers -Ginny Maurer 585-368-8869